WACKER® AK 0,65
WACKER® AK 0,65 is a hexamethyldisiloxane. Due to its chemical structure, WACKER® AK 0,65 has an outstanding property profile, which sets it apart from organic materials such as mineral oils.
WACKER® AK 0,65 is a clear, colorless liquid with slight inherent odor.
- minimal change in physical properties over a broad temperature range
- excellent water-repellent properties
- good dielectric properties
- low surface tension and thus high surface activity
- chemically highly unreactive
- low solidifying point
- high heat resistance
- good solubility in a wide range of solvents
Due to WACKER® AK 0,65 many diverse applications, no general processing information can be provided. Parameters will vary from application to application.
Available in a range of viscosities, WACKER® SILICONE FLUIDS AK are miscible with each other in any ratio. The standard product's viscosity can thus be altered to suit your individual needs.
WACKER® AK 0,65 is a non-polar liquid and is immiscible with strong polar solvents such as water. In aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorohydrocarbons, ethers, esters, ketones and higher alcohols, WACKER® AK 0,65 is soluble in any proportion. In anhydrous lower alcohols, in particular butanol, isopropyl alcohol and dioxane, the solubility is usually very good. Before the product is used with solvents for the first time, it is advisable to perform a lab-scale test. When solvents are used, please remember to read the appropriate hazard information.
- release agent
- hydraulic fluid
- liquid dielectric for electrical and electronic equipment
- heat-transfer oil
- polish additive
- additive for textile and fiber auxiliaries
- component for chemical syntheses
- glass vial and lens coating
- penetrating oil ingredient
- surface active agent
Silicone fluids from our BELSIL® line are available for the cosmetic sector.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.