SILRES® WH is a water thinnable, solventless emulsion of a functional silicone resin.
Dilute solutions of SILRES® WH serve as high-quality water repellents for impregnating wood surfaces. Undiluted SILRES® WH may also serve as high-quality hydrophobizing additive for aqueous wood coatings/wood stains.
- water based
- development of longlasting beading effect on wood
- significant reduction of capillary water absorption of wood, particularly after weathering
- no protection against degradation of lignin by UV radiation and accompanying graying (UV transparent)
- increases the durability and longevity of wood stains/coatings for wood because of excellent hydrophobizing properties
- helps to minimize all harmful effects caused by water uptake
For the use as hydrophobic impregnant for wood SILRES® WH has to be diluted with water. We recommend a solid content of 5-10% (dilute the product in the ratio 1:4 to 1:9), the exact figure depending on how absorbent the substrate is. The application on wood is done by brushing, spraying or flooding. SILRES® WH is used in undiluted form as hydrophobizing additive for aqueous wood stains/ wood coatings during or after their production. Wood stains/ wood coatings modified with SILRES® WH are characterized by excellent water repellency and outstanding water resistance, especially after weathering. The addition of 1 wt.% to 3 wt.% is recommended.