ELASTOSIL® 8510 P
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P is a one-part, neutral-curing, low modulus silicone sealant with outstanding adhesion properties long shelf live and very good working properties for construction and sanitary applications, especially for sealing natural substrates as granit or marble.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P cures at room temperature in the presence of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- 100% silicone
- suitable for areas with high humidity e.g. sanitary areas
- long shelf-life
- especially suitable for sealing natural stones such as marble, granite, sandstone, quarzite; no staining of joint edges
- primerless adhesion to most materials
- non-corrosive to metals
- suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous concrete
- almost odorless
- high abrasion resistance
- ready gunnability at low (+5 °C) and high (+40 °C) temperatures
- rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free
- elastic at low (-40°) and higher temperatures (+150°C)
- excellent weatherability
- application on natural stones e.g. marble, granite, sandstone and quarzite
- sealing of connecting and expansion joints in the building industry
- sealing of joints in sanitary applications
- sealing of joints between glazing and supporting structures (frames, transoms, mullions)
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material such as dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporates with a fresh clean, dry cloth.
It is the responsibility of the user to test the compatibility of the sealant with the adjoining materials. Incompatible substances like coating materials (paints, varnishes and glazes) or organic plasticizer containing rubbers (EPDM, butyl and neoprene) can lead to discoloration or other impairments like loss of adhesion of the sealant. Materials in direct contact with the applied sealant like cleaning agents and materials in indirect contact like gaseous emissions can damage the sealant in its function or change its appearance. Because of the multitude of these materials, Wacker cannot make a general statement to the compatibility of materials with the sealant. In case of doubt the user shall conduct appropriate preliminary tests.
The time until complete curing may be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity, increasing film thickness or by low volume of air exchange.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P is certified and classified according to
- ISO 11600 F+G, class 25 LM
- EN 15651-1, class 25 LM F-EXT-INT-CC
- EN 15651-2, class 25 LM G-CC
- EN 15651-3, class XS1
- EN 15651-4, class 25 LM EXT-INT-CC
- ISO 16938-1 und -2
- EMICODE EC 1
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to most material used for sanitary application, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker on varnished or painted wood
Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substances. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer. If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
Restrictions on use
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P must not be used as a sealant in insulating glass units or structural glazing or bonding.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P is not suitable for sealing of aquaria or for the longer-term use under water.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P is not suitable for food contact applications.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 P is not suitable for use as a mirror adhesive.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label. Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.