ELASTOSIL® 8000 N
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N is a one-part, neutral-curing, low modulus silicone sealant with excellent adhesion and long shelf life for perimeter sealing and glazing applications.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N cures at room temperature in the presence of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- long shelf life
- primerless adhesion to most materials
- non-corrosive to metals
- suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous cement
- almost odorless
- compatible with water-based and solvent-based coatings: no plasticizer migration
- ready gunnability at low (+5 °C) and high (+40 °C) temperatures
- rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free
- flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+150 °C)
- excellent weatherability
- excellent processing characteristics for professional use
- sealing of connecting and expansion joints in the building industry
- glass and windows construction
- sealing of joints between glazing and supporting structure (frames, transoms, mullions)
The substrate areas that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of all loose material such as dust, dirt, rust, oil and other contaminants. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, lint-free, cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent before it evaporateFpaints with a fresh clean, dry cloth.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N is certified and classified according to
- ISO 11600 F/G, class 25 LM
- EN 15651-1, class 25LM F-EXT-INT-CC
- EN 15651-2, class 25LM G-CC
- DIN 18545-2, class E
- SNJF F/V, class 25E
- EMICODE EC1 PLUS
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many non-porous siliceous materials, e.g. glass, tiles, ceramics, enamel, glazed tiles and clinker varnished or painted wood as well as many plastics.
Users must carry out their own tests due to the great variety of substrates. The adhesion can be improved in many cases by pretreatment of the substrates with a primer. If adhesion difficulties arise please contact our technical service.
Restrictions on use
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N must not be used as a secondary sealant in insulating glass units.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N must not be used for structural glazing bonding.
It is the responsibility of the user to test the compatibility of the sealant with the adjoining materials. Incompatible substances like coating materials (paints, varnishes and glazes) or organic plasticizer containing rubbers (EPDM, butyl and neoprene) can lead to discoloration or other impairments like loss of adhesion of the sealant. Materials in direct contact with the applied sealant like cleaning agents and materials in indirect contact like gaseous emissions can damage the sealant in its function or change its appearance. Because of the multitude of these materials, Wacker cannot make a general statement to the compatibility of materials with the sealant. In case of doubt the user shall conduct appropriate preliminary tests.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N is not suitable for use on natural stones, such as marble, granite, quartzite, as it can cause staining.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N must not be used for sealing of aquaria.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N is not suitable for food contact applications.
ELASTOSIL® 8000 N is not suitable for mirror mounting.
The curing time can be extended at lower temperature, lower humidity or by low volume of air exchange.