DEHESIVE® 811 is a solvent-based condensation curing silicone recommended for release coatings.
- low COF
- good release stability after post cure
- good bath life
- excellent anchorage to a wide variety of substrates
- excellent anchorage to polyester films
- suitable for coating PP and PE films and PE-coated paper
Comprehensive instructions are given in the corresponding Material Safety Data Sheets. They are available on request from WACKER subsidiaries or may be downloaded via WACKER web site http://www.wacker.com.
DEHESIVE® 811 may be used for coating of PE-laminated paper, polyester films (PET) and papers.
Generally DEHESIVE® 811 is diluted to give a formulation with an active substance content of about
5 %. However, depending on the substrate and coater system, DEHESIVE® 811 may be used with lower or higher active substance contents.
Batches of coating compound must be prepared in the
order given below.
1. First pour in DEHESIVE® 811
2. Add solvent and stir slowly until the mixture is
3. Thoroughly stir in Crosslinker V 24 to this mixture
4. Thoroughly stir Crosslinker V 84 to this mixture
5. Slowly stir in catalyst C 80
Suitable solvents are aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons (e.g. toluene, white spirit), esters and ketones.
The cure speed depends on the formulation, type of substrate, quality of solvent, the chosen temperature and the effectiveness of the oven.
Laboratory trials are recommended prior to using the material in production in order to verify that the vulcanization performance suits the intended application.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.