SILRES® BS 30
SILRES® BS 30 is a solventless silicone concentrate, based on a mixture of silane and siloxane. In undiluted form it imparts water and stain repellency to mineral substrates while providing an enhanced look. SILRES® BS 30 works well on a wide variety of mineral substrates commonly used in the tile industry including tumbled marble, limestone, slate and saltillo clay tile.
- Formulated to impart an enhanced appearance on stone and natural tile substrates.
- Depending upon application, it provides either a matte or a gloss finish.
- Hardened SILRES® BS 30 is UV stable and provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, spalling, freeze/thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance costs.
- Coatings are vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering.
- Easy remove of stains with a tissue.
- One coat sufficient. Several coats possible.
- Solvent dilutable and environmental friendly.
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability for ease of use.
Mineral substrates that are treated with SILRES® BS 30 are leading to a colour enhancement. The treatment with undiluted SILRES® BS 30 leads to easy to clean properties against oil- and waterbased stains.
Surface preparation depends on substrate placement, type and strength, curing and finishing processes, age, condition, previous contamination, and the presence of existing coatings as well as the application of SILRES® BS 30. Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying SILRES® BS 30. Cleaning methods which are compatible with the application of SILRES® BS 30 include:
Mechanical - abrasive blasting (sand, baking soda, vacuum).
Chemical - acid etching, stripping, solvent degreasing, caustic soda scrubbing, alkaline soap scrubbing, high pressure washing, high pressure washing with sand.
Heat - propane and acetylene torching.
If strongly acidic or caustic cleaning agents are used, neutralize the surface and completely wash to remove any residues. Before using any surface preparation method, a test patch should be performed with the customer's approval to ensure that their needs are met.
SILRES® BS 30 should be applied as supplied to achieve the desired application effect. One to two coats of SILRES® BS 30 should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance. Two to three coats of SILRES® BS 30 should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance with gloss. SILRES® BS 30 can be applied with a soft, lint-free cloth, sponge, or paint brush. Excess material should be removed to prevent inconsistencies in the enhancement. The product should be fully cured within 24 hours.
A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure the desired appearance is achieved.
Substrates which are coated with SILRES® BS 30 are generally re-coatable with SILRES® BS 30. A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure that desired appearance is achieved.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.