SILFOAM® SC 124
SILFOAM® SC 124 is an anhydrous, comparatively low-viscosity antifoam compound for laundry detergents. Because of its low viscosity, SILFOAM® SC 124 is easier to handle than high-viscosity grades.
SILFOAM® SC 124 is added to laundry detergents by the following methods and for the following purposes:
- Deaerating slurries: To remove gases from a detergent slurry, and optimize slurry transfer from the feed tank to the spray tower, SILFOAM® SC 124 is added to the slurry batch to achieve good deaeration in general.
- Suppressing foam in powder detergents: In the preparation of low-foam detergents, 5-10% SILFOAM® SC 124 is adsorbed onto a powdery carrier. 2-4% of this premix is added to the finished detergent to obtain good foam suppression.
- Foaming of structured liquid detergents can also be suppressed by the addition of SILFOAM® SC 124. If SILFOAM® SC 124 is not sufficiently compatible, we can recommend specialty products.
SILFOAM® SC 124 is added directly to the slurry in the feed tank at the end of the slurry degassing process to suppress the foam and also deaerate the slurry in the intermediate tank.
To regulate foaming in laundry detergents, SILFOAM® SC 124 is usually incorporated (in an amount of 5-10%) into a powdery premix and the latter is then mixed into the powder detergent at the end of the manufacturing process (amount required: 2-4% premix).
The foaming of filled and structured liquid detergents can be regulated by admixing SILFOAM® SC 124.
If SILFOAM® SC 124 is not sufficiently compatible, we can recommend specialty products.
- powder detergent: ca. 0.5%
- structured liquid detergent: ca. 0.2 - 0.6%
- slurry deaeration: ca. 0.02 - 0.1%
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case, however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.