DEHESIVE® 955 is a solvent-based addition crosslinkable silicone recommended for release coatings.
- Medium release at low peel speeds
- Good release stability
- Good bath life
- Containing Pt-catalyst
- Two component system
- Easy to use
- Excellent anchorage to a wide variety of substrates
- Excellent anchorage to polyester films
- Suitable for coating PP and PE films and PE-coated paper
Specific features of DEHESIVE® 955
- 2-Components / Preblend
DEHESIVE® 955 may be used for coating of PE-laminated paper, polyester films (PET) and papers.
Generally DEHESIVE® 955 is diluted to give a formulation with an active substance content of about 5 %. However, depending on the substrate and coater system, DEHESIVE® 955 may be used with lower or higher active substance contents. Special care must be taken to select a high quality solvent that will not poison the Pt catalyst. Common poisons are organo-tin compounds, sulfur compounds (a common source are rolls that have been vulcanized with sulfur), amines, acid amides, zinc stearate and phosphites. The quality of the coating compound can be ensured by using clean vessels of stainless steel, enamel, plastic or glass to prepare the batch.
Batches of coating compound must be prepared in the order given below.
1. First pour in DEHESIVE® 955
2. Add solvent and stir slowly until the mixture is homogeneous
3. Add CRA® release modifier in case CRA® is used and stir slowly until the mixture is homogeneous
4. Thoroughly stir in Crosslinker to this mixture
5. Slowly stir in catalyst. Local over-concentrations must be avoided.
Suitable solvents are aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons (e.g. toluene, white spirit), esters and ketones.
The cure speed depends on the formulation (e.g. the amount of catalyst), type of substrate, quality of solvent, the chosen temperature and the effectiveness of the oven.
Laboratory trials are recommended prior to using the material in production in order to verify that the vulcanization performance suits the intended application.
Generally best release stability can be achieved if the release liner is stored away from direct UV-exposure.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
No distributors were found for this product