SEMICOSIL® 823 UV A
SEMICOSIL® 823 UV is a non-slump silicone adhesive that is cured by UV conditions with unique cure behavior for automotives.
This is designated for oven-free processing or wet bonding during processing with fast adhesion built-up at oven processing.
- Primerless adhesion to many substrates
- Self-curable after UV activation
- Fast curing and adhesion built-up at the minimum energy input
- Thixotropic for non-slump
- Long pot-life of the A+B mixed
Specific features of SEMICOSIL® 823 UV A
- Addition Curing
- UV curing
- Assembly glue for displays
- Bonding material or sealing agent in electronics, automotive, and other industrial applications
All surfaces must be clean and free of contaminants that will inhibit the cure of SEMICOSIL® 823 UV A and ELASTOSIL® Cat UV.
Examples of inhibiting contaminants are sulfur-containing materials, plasticizers, urethanes, amine-containing materials, and organometallic compounds – especially organotin compounds. If a substrate’s ability to inhibit cure is unknown, a small-scale test should be run to determine compatibility.
Part A (SEMICOSIL® 823 UV A) : Part B (Elastosil® Cat UV) = 10 : 1
Curing speed can be adjusted by UV power and time. Also, heat can accelerate the curing process.
We recommend running preliminary tests to optimize conditions for the particular application. Comprehensive processing instructions are given in below;
- Recommended Lamp Type: UV-A, Mercury, 365 nm LED
- For the Normal process, Metal Halid is recommended
- For the Hybrid process (UV first, then laminate); For Hybrid process; UV energy should be controlled depending on the open time from UV activation to Lamination
If the applied lamp is a 365nm LED lamp, the higher UV irradiance would be better (ex. 2,000 mW/cm2).
Tack-free time can be increased or decreased depending on the applied irradiance of the energy source.
1KG BOTTLE PE
18KG HOBBOCK PE
SEMICOSIL® 823 UV A and ELASTOSIL® Cat UV should be stored between 5 °C and 30 °C and below 60%RH in the tightly closed original container.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch appears on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.