ELASTOSIL® A59 GREY 01
ELASTOSIL® A59 GREY 01 is a self-levelling one-component, amine-cure formulation which cures at room temperature by reaction with air humidity to a flexible and durable silicone elastomer. It is particularly suited for screen printing on gaskets
- amine-curing system
- extended skin-over time
- cure accleration by temperature, further strong activation by CO2
- no use of organotin catalysts
- Recommended service temperature from -45 °C to +200 °C
Specific features of ELASTOSIL® A59 GREY 01
- Product Rheology: Low viscosity
- Product Rheology: Self-levelling
- Resistance: Heat resistant
- Resistance: Oil resistant
- Specific Features: Broad adhesion profile
- Specific Features: Heat resistant
- Specific Features: Low viscosity
- Specific Features: Oil resistant
- Surface Effect: Oil resistant
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
Low viscous grade suitable as general purpose sealant for coating and potting, furthermore perfectly suited for screen printing applications for gaskets e.g cylinder head gaskets
ELASTOSIL® A59 GREY 01 is a one-part room temperature curing coating therefore the curing rate depends on temperature and on atmospheric humidity. The curing rate can be accelerated by heat exposure or exposure to carbon dioxide concentration above 1% p.b.v.
Uncured or partially cured silicone can be removed by help of organic solvents such as alipatic or aromatic hydrocarboncleaning should take place before the rubber is fully cured. Once completely cured, only mechanical removal supported by prior solvent swell is possible. Swelling can be accelerated by elevated temperature.
Detailed processing instructions are given in our brochure “ROOM TEMPERATURE VULCANIZING (RTV) SILICONES - MATERIAL AND PROCESSING GUIDELINES
We recommend running preliminary tests to optimize conditions for the particular application.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample