ELASTOSIL® A 2000
ELASTOSIL® A 2000 is a one-component, thixotropic sealant intended for gasketing and sealing applications where resistance to long-life lubricants (such as hypoid gear lubricant) under harsh conditions is required.
- One-component, room temperature cure
- Non-slump, unaffected by shear
- Adheres to most substrates without priming
- Resistant to hot lubricating oils
Specific features of ELASTOSIL® A 2000
- Adhesion & Strength: Excellent adhesion
- Crosslinking Property: 1-component system
- Crosslinking Property: Condensation-curing
- Crosslinking Property: Fast curing at room temperature
- Crosslinking Property: One-component
- Processing Properties: Easy handling and dosing
- Product Rheology: Non-slump
- Product Rheology: Thixotropic
- Resistance: Flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+150 °C)
- Resistance: Media resistant
- Specific Features: Condensation-curing
- Specific Features: Fast curing at room temperature
- Specific Features: One-component
- Specific Features: Thixotropic
- Surface Effect: Excellent adhesion
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry and free of oils and grease. ELASTOSIL® A 2000 can be bulk dispensed with conventional drum and pail extruder pumps to feed gasket tracing machines for precise bead placement and material efficiency. Manual applications for repair, short runs or low volume applications may be accomplished with a pail extruder equipped with a high pressure flexible fluid hose and extrusion gun. Recommended equipment suppliers for transfer systems and dispensing machines will be supplied upon request. For most gasket applications, a sealant bead of 3 to 4 mm width is sufficient. Assemble parts immediately so that the sealant is spread.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample