SILRES® BS 30 A
SILRES® BS 30 A is a stable, VOC compliant, 100% actives siloxanes/ silicone resin blend that imparts water and stain repellency to substrates while providing an enhanced look. SILRES® BS 30 A, currently produced in the USA, was developed to treat a wide variety of mineral substrates commonly used in the tile industry including tumbled marble , limestone, slate, and saltillo clay tile.
- Provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, spalling, freeze/thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance costs.
- Provides excellent stain repellency to reduce chemical degradation and biological growth for improved aesthetics, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance time and expenses.
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability for ease of use.
- Low VOC emissions upon curing.
- Formulated to impart an enhanced appearance on stone and natural tile substrates.
- Formulated to provide either a matte finish or a gloss finish, depending upon application.
- Physically and chemically bonds to substrates increasing coating life and making cleaning easier, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Coatings are UV stable and resistant to biological degradation for longer service life leading to less cost for repetitive applications.
- Coatings are vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
Surface preparation depends on substrate placement, type and strength, curing and finishing processes, age, condition, previous contamination, and the presence of existing coatings as well as the application of SILRES® BS 30 A. Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying SILRES® BS 30 A. Cleaning methods which are compatible with the application of SILRES® BS 30 A include:
Mechanical - abrasive blasting (sand, baking soda, vacuum).
Chemical - acid etching, stripping, solvent de-greasing, caustic soda scrubbing, alkaline soap scrubbing, high pressure washing, high pressure washing with sand.
Heat - propane and acetylene torching.
If strongly acidic or caustic cleaning agents are used, neutralize the surface and completely wash to remove any residues. Before using any surface preparation method, a test patch should be performed with the customer's approval to ensure that their needs are met.
SILRES® BS 30 A should be applied as supplied to achieve the desired application effect. One to two coats of the solution should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance. Two to three coats of the solution should be applied to achieve an enhanced appearance with gloss. SILRES® BS 30 A can be applied with a soft, lint-free cloth, sponge, or paint brush. Excess material should be removed to prevent inconsistencies in the enhancement. The product should be fully cured within 24 hours.
A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure the desired appearance is achieved.
Substrates which are coated with SILRES® BS 30 A are generally re-coatable with solvent borne coatings. A test patch should be performed prior to general application with the customer's approval to ensure that desired appearance is achieved.
Thoroughly rinse application equipment with solvent.
SILRES® BS 30 A must be disposed of according to local, state and federal regulations. SILRES® BS 30 A and its dilutions should be treated as dilute solutions of "silicone resins" which are non-RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) or non-hazardous wastes.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
There are no comparable products