SILRES® 610 is a hard solid, methyl group containing silicone resin. It is supplied as solid flakes.
Typical application is the use as a binder for hightemperature resistant coatings after dissolution in a suitable solvent.
SILRES® 610 offers these properties
- very high inorganic content
- soluble in many solvents like aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, acetates, alcohols
- limited compatibility (to be used as a sole binder)
- excellent hydrophobicity of the final coating
- protects the substrate against corrosion and chemicals
- extraordinary good adhesion to aluminum
SILRES® 610 is being used as a binder for coatings. It combines heat resistance and weathering resistance. It dries rapidly to a tack-free film.
When applied as a clear coat on aluminum substrate the maximum long-term operating temperature should not exceed 200°C (390°F).
Recommended dry film thickness is between 15 and 25 µm, clearcoats less than 10 µm.
Formulation examples are available on request.
Information on the current BfR/FDA-status is available on request.
- 25 kg paper bag
- 400 kg cardboard box (16 x 25 kg bags)
SILRES® 610 must be stored in tightly closed original bags. Contact with tin (e.g. with improper metal containers) or moisture will decrease shelf live.
The "Best use before end" date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.