LIOSIL® eco F 50
LIOSIL® eco F 50 is a linear, non-reactive, unmodified polydimethylsiloxane with a viscosity of approx. 50 mm²/s.
In manufacturing LIOSIL® eco F 50, 100 % of the fossil-based raw materials are substituted by renewable raw materials (biomethanol) based on a REDcert² biomass balance approach audited by TÜV NORD.
Due to its chemical structure, LIOSIL® eco F 50 has an outstanding property profile, which sets it apart from organic materials such as mineral oils. Particularly, LIOSIL® eco F 50 is characterized by a low surface tension and excellent spreading properties.
LIOSIL® eco F 50 is a clear, odorless and colorless liquid.
- minimal change in physical properties over a broad temperature range
- excellent water-repellent properties
- good dielectric properties
- low surface tension and thus high surface activity
- chemically highly unreactive
- low solidifying point
- high flash point
- high heat resistance
- good solubility in a wide range of solvents
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
Due to its properties especially due to its excellent spreadability LIOSIL® eco F 50 is mainly used in the polishes sector, particularly as ingredient of household care products.
Due to its high water-repellent effect LIOSIL® eco F 50 is recommended as ingredient for impregnating agents like furniture or floor polishes.
Further applications are for example:
- Shoe polish: Together with high viscous silicone fluids, LIOSIL® eco F 50 is ideal for the care of leather; a formulation containing LIOSIL® eco F 50 keeps leather durable and gives long-lasting protection.
- Metal polish: Using LIOSIL® eco F 50, metal polishs can be formulated which provide metal surfaces a high gloss and protection against formation of stains.
- Glass cleaner: LIOSIL® eco F 50 can be used formulating low viscous water repelling agent for glass surfaces, e. g. windows, mirrors and shower cabin walls.
- Glass-ceramic cleaner and glass ceramic polish: Together with amino-containing siloxanes LIOSIL® eco F 50 facilitates the removal of burnt-on food residues, especially on glass-ceramics.
The 'Best use before end' date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
WACKER has a global network of specialist distributors at its disposal. Please select an application so that we can suggest suitable contacts.
There are no comparable products