VINNAPAS® EN 1028
VINNAPAS® EN 1028 is a self-crosslinking, aqueous polymer dispersion based on the monomers vinyl acetate and ethylene. VINNAPAS® EN 1028 is produced without the use of plasticizer.
- VINNAPAS® EN 1028 is particularly suitable as binder for soft hydrophobic nonwovens with high wet strength.
- The product is particularly suitable as a binder for nonwovens that must comply with strict eco-labelling requirements.
VINNAPAS® EN 1028 can be applied by spray, impregnation or foam.
Temperatures above 150°C are necessary to achieve proper crosslinking.
VINNAPAS® EN 1028 can be mixed with most of the VINNAPAS® dispersions and with many other aqueous polymer dispersions. However, the compatibility of the mixture should be tested by undertaking a storage test.
Suitable defoaming agents include
1) SILFOAM® SE1662, 2) FOAMASTER® WO 2310, 3) Agitan® 352 and 4) SURFYNOL® DF58.
Their compatibility and efficiency in the formulation chosen should always be tested.
1) SILFOAM® is a trademark of Wacker Chemie AG
2) FOAMASTER® is a trademark of BASF SE
3) AGITAN® is a trademark of Münzing Chemie GmbH
4) SURFYNOL® is a trademark of Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH
We recommend, in particular, products with neutral pH, e.g. those based on cellulose derivatives, polyvinyl alcohol or polyurethane, like e.g. 5) ACRYSOL® RM8.
Should alcali-swellable polyacrylic acid derivatives be used those need to be chosen that are effective with ammonia, in order not to interfere with the acid catalyzed cross-linking of VINNAPAS® EN 1028
Typical alkali-swellable thickening agents are, for example,
6) ROHAGIT® SD15, 7) ACRYSOL® ASE60, 8) RHEOLATE® 420 or 9) RHEOVIS® AS1130.
The efficacy and compatibility of the formulation chosen should always be checked.
5), 7) ACRYSOL® is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
6) ROHAGIT® is a trademark of Synthomer PLC
8) RHEOLATE® is a trademark of Elementis Specialties, Inc.
9) RHEOVIS® is a trademark of BASF SE
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of the product is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
For questions concerning food contact status according the chapter 21 CFR (US FDA) and German BfR, please feel free to contact us.Wacker Chemie AG Hanns-Seidel-Platz 4 D-81737 München Germany
When the dispersion is stored in tanks, proper storage conditions must be maintained. VINNAPAS® EN 1028 has a shelf life of 6 months starting from the date of receipt if stored in the original, unopened containers at temperatures between 5 and 30°C. Any longer periods for the maximum storage period that may be described in the Certificate of Analysis which accompanies each shipment of VINNAPAS® EN 1028, take preference over this suggestion in which case the time period stated in the Certificate of Analysis shall be solely authoritative. Iron or galvanized-iron equipment and containers are not recommended because the dispersion is slightly acidic. Corrosion may result in discoloration of the dispersion or its blends when further processed. Therefore the use of containers and equipment made of ceramics, rubberized or enameled materials, appropriately finished stainless steel, or plastic (e.g. rigid PVC, polyethylene or polyester resin) is recommended. As polymer dispersions may tend to superficial film formation, skins or lumps may form during storage or transportation. Filtration is therefore recommended prior to utilization of the product.