VINNECO® 8118 E
VINNECO® 8118 E is a multi-purpose dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for tile adhesives. It is based on a flexible terpolymer of vinylacetate, ethylene and vinychloride and belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® E which means that it has a neutral effect on rheology and provides extended open time and very high adhesion after water immersion and heat storage, giving a high degree of formulation freedom.
The technical properties of VINNECO® 8118 E and VINNAPAS® 8118 E are identical.
VINNECO® 8118 E is a fossil resources saving product. With the purchase of this product, 100 % of the fossil-based raw materials required for manufacturing of this product are replaced by sustainably certified biomass. The Substitution is based on the REDcert² biomass balance approach audited by TÜV Nord.
- VINNECO® 8118 E is a dispersible terpolymer powder composed of vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride and ethylene.
- Dry-mix mortars modified with VINNECO® 8118 E exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability and abrasion resistance.
- VINNECO® 8118 E is particularly suited for modifying cementitious and gypsum-based dry-mix mortars, especially tile adhesives.
- VINNECO® 8118 E contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNECO® 8118 E is suitable for formulating high-quality, low-emissions flexible tile adhesives. It provides long open time and very good tensile adhesion strength, especially after immersion in water and heat aging.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of VINNECO® 8118 E, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNECO® 8118 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Big Bags or bulk on request.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
There are no comparable products