VINNAPAS® 7150 E
VINNAPAS® 7150 E is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for waterproofing membranes, patching mortars, skim coats and renders.
It is based on a very flexible terpolymer of vinyl acetate, ethylene and vinyl ester. VINNAPAS® 7150 E belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® E which means that it provides enhanced properties like improved workability, excellent tensile adhesion strength after water immersion and good low temperature flexibility. The product is currently in the process of introduction into industrial use (scale-up product). The quoted product data are therefore subject to change. Before industrial use, the availability should be clarified with WACKER POLYMERS.
- VINNAPAS® 7150 E is a terpolymer powder of vinyl acetate, vinyl ester and ethylene and is dispersible in water. The high ethylene content makes the resin soft and elastic, even at low temperatures.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 7150 E exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and are easier to process. Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected.
- The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- VINNAPAS® 7150 E contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 7150 E itself has almost no effect on rheology of mortars modified therewith, yet in combination with suitable thickeners VINNAPAS® 7150 E leads to improved non-slump-properties, especially in highly modified systems as flexible waterproofing membranes thus also allowing mortar applications with e.g. notched trowels. Of course those waterproofing membranes can be applied in the classical way with brush and roller as well, or with spraying methods.
- Because VINNAPAS® 7150 E has a low VOC content, it is suitable for the manufacture of low-emission products. It shows improved workability and lower stickiness even in highly modified mortar systems compared to many other VINNAPAS® redispersible powders.
- It features high flexibility and excellent adhesion even at low temperatures to all substrates.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 7150 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 7150 E, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
Big Bags or bulk on request.