VINNAPAS® 5848 E
VINNAPAS® 5848 E is a highly flexible copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and exhibits very good tensile adhesion strength particularly on critical surfaces combined with good crack-bridging properties and good workability. Besides the polymer powder's mechanical properties, VINNAPAS® 5848 E has an additional property to emit bright green visible light under infrared irradiation (980 nm), as well as imparts the modified mortars with the same "glowing" property and therefore enables quick detection, anti-counterfeiting, brand positioning and quality control.
- VINNAPAS® 5848 E is a copolymer powder based on vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Because of its relatively high ethylene content, VINNAPAS® 5848 E is highly flexible.
- Its glass transition temperature is below freezing point.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 5848 E exhibit improved adhesion strength, flexural strength in bending, deformability and abrasion resistance and are easier to process. Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected. The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- VINNAPAS® 5848 E contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 5848 E has no effect on rheological properties and is a general-purpose powder in the lower Tg range. It is eminently suitable for formulating highly flexible, low-emission compounds with very good adhesion to critical substrates.
- VINNAPAS® 5848 E is still white to light beige powder in appearance, and will have the patented "visual color" (emit bright visible green) under (invisible) infrared irradiation (980 nm).
- In the same ambient light, the infrared-enabled light-emitting property becomes stronger with increased concentration of VINNAPAS® 5848 E.
- The green light intensity therefore enables a quick nondestructive semi-quantitative inspection of the mortar performance based on the correlation between VINNAPAS® 5848 E and the mortar performance. In addition, this unique property can provide the containing products counterfeiting and quality branding.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 5848 E, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 5848 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Big Bags or bulk on request.