VINNAPAS® 5541 C
VINNAPAS® 5541 C is a vinyl acetate / ethylene copolymer powder and is dispersible in water. Because of its relatively high ethylene content, this resin is soft and flexible. Its glass transition temperature is below the freezing point of water.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 5541 C exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability and abrasion resistance.
- They also exhibit thixotropy.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 5541 C are very easy to handle.
- VINNAPAS® 5541 C contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 5541 C is a non-slump dispersible powder in the lower Tg range. It is eminently suitable for formulating highly flexible compounds with very good adhesion to organic substrates (polystyrene), good water repellency and low emissions.
Typical applications for VINNAPAS® 5541 C:
include blending with inorganic binders, such as cement, anhydrite, gypsum plaster and hydrated lime for the manufacture of adhesives and basecoats for thermal insulation and finish systems, skim-coating compounds, plasters, tile adhesives, structural adhesives, and repair mortars.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 5541 C with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Big Bags or bulk on request.