VINNAPAS® 4040 E
VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for waterproofing membranes.
It is based on a flexible copolymer of vinyl acetate and ethylene. VINNAPAS® 4040 E belongs to the product class VINNAPAS® E which means that it provides enhanced properties like improved workability and superior mechanical properties (e.g. crack-bridging or tensile-adhesion strength), particularly in formulations with high polymer content and/or low cement content.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene that is dispersible in water.
- The high ethylene content makes the resin soft and elastic. Its glass transition temperature is below the freezing point of water.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is stabilized with polyvinyl alcohol and a cationic high-molecular-weight polymer.
- Compounds modified with VINNAPAS® 4040 E exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and better workability.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is ideal for highly polymer-modified cementitious dry-mix mortar formulations. Tremendous ease of processing, excellent adhesion and high flexibility are obtained (e.g. high capacity to bridge sealing-slurry cracks, and high deformability in tile adhesives).
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E contains a fine mineral filler as an anticaking agent. It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNAPAS® 4040 E is a dispersible polymer powder with a Tg in the lower range and no effect on rheological properties. It is eminently suitable for formulating highly flexible, low emission compounds with very good adhesion to mineral and organic substrates.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of VINNAPAS® 4040 E, refer to the section "application". Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNAPAS® 4040 E with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Big Bags or bulk on request.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.