VINNACEL® 808 is a plasticizing dispersible polymer powder based on vinyl acetate and ethylene with instant plasticizing effect and stabilizing effect. The product is in the process of introduction into industrial use (Scale-up Product). Therefore the product data given are subject to change. Always consult WACKER POLYMERS about the product’s availability before using it for industrial purposes.
- VINNACEL® 808 is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene. It is dispersible in water and acts also as an effective plasticizing, defoaming and stabilizing admixture.
- VINNACEL® 808 is ideal for formulating cementitious flooring systems, such as self-leveling flooring compounds.
- VINNACEL® 808 contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent and is produced without the addition of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents
- VINNACEL® 808 is a high-quality hard polymeric binder and is also a very effective plasticizing admixture. There is no need to add any commercial plasticizing admixtures when 1 - 2%
- VINNACEL® 808 is added to a blend. Furthermore it allows self-leveling flooring compounds to be formulated with a low content of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- The product thus can be used to produce self-leveling flooring compounds conforming to strict eco-labeling requirements.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
A typical application field of VINNACEL® 808 is self-leveling compound for underlayment. Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNACEL® 808 with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample