VINNACEL® 315 is a multi-purpose dispersible polymer powder for dry mix mortars, specifically suited for tile adhesives.
It is based on a hard copolymer of vinylacetate and ethylene that it has a neutral effect on rheology and provides the basic properties adhesion and workability, giving a high degree of formulation freedom. VINNACEL® 315 is part of our customized range, offering you the best-in-class solution for a wide variety of applications.
- VINNACEL® 315 is adispersible polymer powder based on vinylacetate-ethylene.
- VINNACEL® 315 is a polymeric binder and is ideal for modifying cementitious drymix mortars, especially tile adhesives.
- It provides good workability adhesion and abrasion resistance.
- VINNACEL® 315 contains a fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent.
- It is produced without the use of organic solvents, plasticizers and film-forming agents.
- VINNACEL® 315has no effect on rheological properties and is a polymer powder in the medium Tg range.
- It is suitable for formulating cementitious tile adhesive that feature good tensile adhesion strength.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend VINNACEL® 315 with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
For typical application fields of VINNACEL® 315 refer to the following application table. Please discuss additional applications with your WACKER customer representative. If VINNACEL® 315 is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of VINNACEL® 315 is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with. Slight color variations of the dispersible polymer powder may occur without impairing the product's functionality.
25 kg paper bags
Sales and support
WACKER has a global network of specialist distributors at its disposal. Please select an application so that we can suggest suitable contacts.