VINNACEL® 101 is a polymeric modifier which can be used solely with mineral fillers and cement to achieve mortars with high strength and good workability (e.g. tile adhesives, skim coats). The product is in the process of introduction into industrial use (Scale-up Product). Therefore the product data given are subject to change. Always consult WACKER POLYMERS about the product’s availability before using it for industrial purposes.
- VINNACEL® 101 is a polymeric modifier and is dispersible in water.
- The product contains fine mineral filler as an antiblocking agent. It is produced without the addition of organic solvents, plasticizers and film forming agents.
- Mortars modified with VINNACEL® 101 exhibit improved early tensile adhesion strength and high adhesion bond strength after standard storage conditions.
- The addition of VINNACEL® 101 improves the workability and the handling properties of the mortar. The product is ideal for use directly in combination with mineral filler and cement.
- VINNACEL® 101 simplifies the production process and logistics of dry-mix mortar manufacturing.
- VINNACEL® 101 replaces several different additives and components in dry-mix mortars. Simply VINNACEL® 101 in combination with mineral filler and cement is needed.
- VINNACEL® 101 is suited to prepare mortars with high cohesion and tensile adhesion strength and provides good bond strength to both, inorganic and organic substrates.
- In addition mortars containing VINNACEL® 101 show prolonged open time and easier workability.
- Furthermore VINNACEL® 101 helps to optimize the inorganic binder content of mortars.
VINNACEL® 101 is highly recommended for basic tile adhesive applications which require good workability and high strength. Also it is recommended to be used in basic interior skim coat applications.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, e.g. tile adhesives, blend VINNACEL® 101 with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. During mixing temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively because otherwise the product could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.