SMARGO® 826 is a multi-purpose dispersible polymer powder for dry-mix mortars, specifically suited for CTA applications. It is based on a hard copolymer of vinyl acetate and ethylene (VAE) and belongs to SMARGO®, a brand of cost-effective quality enhancers for dry-mix mortars.
SMARGO® 826 provides basic properties for adhesion, flexibility and workability, thus offering a high degree of formulation freedom.
- SMARGO® 826 is a copolymer powder of vinyl acetate and ethylene and is dispersible in water.
- Mortars modified with SMARGO® 826 exhibit improved adhesion, flexural strength, deformability, abrasion resistance and are easier to process. Leveling, thixotropy and water retention are essentially unaffected.The product is ideal for use in combination with other mortar additives intended to enhance specific properties.
- SMARGO® 826 is a hard standard dispersible polymer powder with essentially no effect on rheological properties.
- SMARGO® 826 contains a fine mineral filler as antiblocking agent. It is produced without addition of organic solvents, plasticizers or filmforming agents.
All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties' rights.
For typical application fields of SMARGO® 826, refer to the section "application". We recommend SMARGO® 826 in tile adhesives in a dosage of up to 2%.
For the production of ready-mixed dry mortars, such as adhesives and patching compounds, blend SMARGO® 826 with the other dry ingredients in appropriate equipment. Temperatures should not be allowed to rise excessively during mixing because otherwise the dispersible polymer powder could agglomerate by virtue of its thermoplastic properties. The mortar is prepared for use by adding the recommended amount of water and mixing mechanically or by hand. Since hand mixing generates little shear force, we recommend allowing the fresh mortar to slake for 5 minutes and then stirring it again. This is usually unnecessary where mechanical mixers are employed.
If the product is used in applications other than those mentioned, the choice, processing and use of it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. All legal and other regulations must be complied with.
Slight color variations of the polymer granulate may occure without impairing the product's functionality.
SMARGO® 826 is available only as a full truck load (FTL) or full container load (FCL), with 25 kg paper bags being the standard packaging. You also have the option of ordering SMARGO® “bundles” – FTLs or FCLs of different SMARGO® grades combined at various ratios.
Sales and support
How can we help you?
- Do you need help in choosing a product or do you require technical support? If so, please contact our experts.
Would you like a product sample?
You can request a product sample here.Request sample
Please choose an application for viewing your product matches.