WACKER® HC 100
WACKER® HC 100 is a stable, VOC compliant, 50% actives silicone emulsion that reduces with water to form stable penetrating water repellent emulsions. WACKER® HC 100 was developed to treat a wide variety of mineral substrates including architectural concrete, concrete block, splitface block, pavers, stucco, porous and dense brick, clay tile, and exposed aggregate concrete. It has been found to be particularly effective in Do-It-Yourself (DIY) markets where good water repellency, beading, ease of use and stability are required.
WACKER® HC 100 is not recommended for below grade applications where hydrostatic pressure can be significant.
- Provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, spalling, freeze / thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life maintenance costs
- Provides excellent beading for improved aesthetics
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability for ease of use.
- Low VOC emissions on curing; EPA compliant
- Formulated to minimize darkening effects thus not changing substrate appearances
- Good stability on highly alkaline surfaces for long term durability
- Physically and chemically bonds to substrates increasing coating life and making cleaning easier, thereby reducing maintenance costs
- Applications of WACKER® HC 100 are UV stable and resistant to biological degradation for longer service life leading to less cost for repetitive applications
- Applications of WACKER® HC 100 are vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering, and allowing carbonation to continue after coating application. This lengthens coating and substrate lives and allows for greater substrate structural strength over time
- Applications of WACKER® HC 100 can improve adhesion of paints to mineral substances thus priming them for painting
Surface preparation depends on substrate placement, type and strength, curing and finishing processes, age, condition, previous contamination, and the presence of previous coatings as well as the application of WACKER® HC 100. Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying WACKER® HC 100. Cleaning methods which are compatible with the application of WACKER® HC 100 include:
- Mechanical - abrasive blasting (sand, baking soda, vacuum).
- Chemical - acid etching, stripping, solvent de-greasing, caustic soda scrubbing, alkaline soap scrubbing, high pressure washing, high pressure washing with sand.
- Heat - propane and acetylene torching.
If strongly acidic or caustic cleaning agents are used, neutralize the surface and completely wash to remove any residues. Before using any surface preparation method, a test patch should be performed with the customer's approval to ensure that their needs are met.
New concrete should be allowed to cure for at least 28 days before applying WACKER® HC 100. In addition, any repair work should be performed at least 3 days before WACKER® HC 100 is applied.
The "Best use before end date" of each batch is shown on the Certificate of Analysis. Storage beyond the date specified on the Certificate of Analysis does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.