SILRES® BS 1001 A
SILRES® BS 1001 A is a stable, VOC compliant, 50% actives silicone emulsion that reduces with water to form a stable penetrating water repellent emulsion. SILRES® BS 1001 A, currently produced in the USA, was developed to treat a wide variety of mineral substrates including architectural concrete, concrete block, splitface block, pavers, stucco, porous and dense brick, clay tile, and exposed aggregate concrete. It has been found to be particularly effective in the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) markets where good water repellency, beading, ease of use and stability are required.
SILRES® BS 1001 A is not recommended for below grade applications where hydrostatic pressure can be significant.
- Provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, spalling, freeze / thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life maintenance costs
- Provides excellent beading for improved aesthetics
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability for ease ofuse
- Low VOC emissions upon curing
- Formulated to minimize darkening effects thus not changing substrate appearances
- Good stability on highly alkaline surfacesfor long term durability
- Physically and chemically bonds to substrates increasing coating life and making cleaning easier, thereby reducing maintenance costs
- Applications of SILRES® BS 1001 A are UV stable and resistant to biological degradation for loger service lifeleading to less cost for repetitive applications
- Applications of SILRES® BS 1001 A are vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering, and allowing carbonation to continue after coating application. This lengthens coating and substrate lives and allows for greater substrate structural strength over time
- Applications of SILRES® BS 1001 A can improve adhesion of paints mineral substances thus priming them for painting
Alle unsere Angaben beruhen auf bestem Wissen. Allerdings übernehmen wir hierfür keine Haftung oder Gewährleistung und behalten uns jederzeit technische Änderungen vor. Es liegt in der eigenen Verantwortung des Käufers, die Angaben sowie die Geeignetheit unseres Produktes für den vorgesehenen Einsatzzweck vor dem Gebrauch zu überprüfen. Vertragliche Regelungen gehen immer vor. Der Gewährleistungs- und Haftungsausschluss gilt - insbesondere im Ausland - auch im Hinblick auf Schutzrechte Dritter.
Surface preparation depends on substrate placement, type and strength, curing and finishing processes, age, condition, previous contamination, and the presence of previous coatings as well as the application of SILRES® BS 1001 A. Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying SILRES® BS 1001 A.
Cleaning methods which are compatible with the application of SILRES® BS 1001 A include:
- Mechanical - abrasive blasting (sand, baking soda, vacuum).
- Chemical - acid etching, stripping, solvent de-greasing, caustic soda scrubbing, alkaline soap scrubbing, high pressure washing, high pressure washing with sand.
- Heat - propane and acetylene torching.
If strongly acidic or caustic cleaning agents are used, neutralize the surface and completely wash to remove any residues. Before using any surface preparation method, a test patch should be performed with the customer's approval to ensure that their needs are met. New concrete should be allowed to cure for at least 28 days before applying SILRES® BS 1001 A. In addition, any repair work should be performed at least 3 days before SILRES® BS 1001 A is applied.