Water-Repellent Treatment Instead of Renovation
Architects and planners are currently rediscovering reinforced concrete. It’s no wonder, since virtually no other construction material offers so many possibilities. However, concrete and steel are vulnerable to harmful substances that penetrate into the building material by means of moisture. The renovation work required to fix the damage is much more expensive than successful prevention with hydrophobic impregnation. Damage to concrete buildings generates costs that run into billions every year. SILRES® BS products can put an end to this.
Thanks to their special penetration effect, SILRES® BS hydrophobic impregnation agents permanently protect concrete against moisture from rain, dew or snow, against road salts and microorganisms. In addition, WACKER’s hydrophobic impregnation agents help regulate concrete’s water balance, which increases the building’s lifespan without unscheduled repair work due to structural damage.
- Water barrier and consequently:
- Salt barrier – chlorides dissolved in water are blocked (e.g. road salt and sea water)
- No corrosion – the reinforcing steel does not rust, as no moisture reaches it
- No frost damage – greater resistance to freeze/thaw cycles
- Prevention with SILRES® BS saves costs, energy and resources:
- Cost- and resource-intensive renovation is avoided
- Buildings that have been treated by hydrophobic impregnation have a significantly longer lifespan and thus a low environmental impact over the long term
- Treated concrete offers good paint adhesion
- Hydrophobic impregnation of concrete
- Integral water-repellent treatment of concrete
- Use as primer in combination products with coating systems