Our system has noticed that you are based in , but the current country setting is . Do you still want to change your country?
Personal Care Technical Service Course: Personal Care
Instructor-led training | Customers & Distributors
This seminar provides an interesting overview of the possibilities of silicones in personal care applications.
Basic knowledge of chemistry
- General introduction to the market: “Silicones in Personal Care Applications”
- Training module on the different application tests (conducted as part of a lab tour)
- Training on the following product groups, among others: Volatile silicones, Dimethicones, Gum blends, Dimethiconol emulsions
- Phenyl-modified silicones, Alkyl-/alkoxy-modified silicones, Polyether-functional silicones, Silicone polyglycosides, Silicone resins, Silicone elastomer resin gels, Silicone polyvinyl acetate, Pyrogenic silica
- All product groups are explained in the context of different applications, such as: Hair care (shampoos, conditioners and styling products), Skin- and suncare products, Color cosmetics (lipsticks, foundations, powders, etc.)
- In the hands-on portion of the course, you will learn how to use BELSIL® products in a variety of personal care formulations.
- This course includes role-playing and workshops aimed at providing a more in-depth understanding of WACKER’s BELSIL® and HDK® product lines.
This three-day seminar on silicones for cosmetic products offers a good mix of theory and hands-on training in our laboratory. The course provides an interesting overview of the many ways you can use silicones to improve your products and will present some of the unique properties of silicones.
Distributors, technical managers, sales managers and R&D managers
Fee (includes value-added tax)0.00 EUR
Number of participants6 - 12
Dr. Ovidiu Feier-Iova
Dr. Ovidiu Feier-Iova: after completing his degree in chemistry and his doctoral thesis in organometallic chemistry at Heidelberg University, he occupied various posts at KAO Germany GmbH. Having previously worked as head of Research and Development at KMP Printtechnik AG, he has been working as technical manager and laboratory manager in WACKER’s Personal Care Applications sector since 2016. He is also the Technical Champion for WACKER Personal Care Applications in the EMEA region.
Dr. Tassilo Habereder
Dr. Tassilo Habereder studied chemistry and wrote his PhD thesis in inorganic chemistry. Before he joined Wacker Chemie AG he had worked in various positions for Ciba Speciality Chemicals (now BASF). Since 2009, he has been working as technical manager and laboratory head for Personal Care applications at Wacker Chemie AG. Moreover he works as Global Technical Champion for Wacker Skin and Color Care applications.
Dr. Gerhard Beer
Dr. Gerhard Beer studied chemistry, writing his doctoral dissertation on physical-organic chemistry. Since 2001, he has held various positions at Wacker Chemie AG, in both R&D and application technology for personal care. He is currently in charge of the laboratory for hair care development and is the technical contact person for key account customers, and also for the EMEA region.
Dr. Claudius Schwarzwälder
Dr. Claudius Schwarzwälder studied chemistry and wrote his PhD thesis in physical chemistry. After the work as post doc at the University of Cambridge he worked as a cosmetic chemist in the R&D department of Beiersdorf AG. In 2001, he began work at WACKER`s Silicones Personal Care Team. As a technical marketing manager he conducted trainings for sales managers and distributors until 2009. He is marketing manager for the market segment Personal Care since 2009.