Construction Materials Fundamentals of Polymer Binders
Presence | Customers
In this seminar you will learn about the advantages of VINNAPAS® polymer powders and dispersions for dry mixes, formulations, standards and test methods.
Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Introduction to polymer chemistry
- Polymers as binders
- Manufacture and effect of dispersions and polymer powders
- Function and mechanism of hydraulic binders
- Theoretical introduction to the main fields of application (e.g. tile adhesives, self-leveling flooring compounds, plasters, exterior insulation & finishing systems)
- Discussion of guideline formulations
- Key tests and standards (in the lab)
- Devising formulations in practice (in the lab)
This two-day seminar on VINNAPAS® polymer powders and dispersions offers a mix of theory and practical training in our applications laboratory. The course offers interesting and diversified insight into the world of polymer chemistry, including applications and advantages of polymer powders and dispersions.
Technical managers and R&D managers with a basic knowledge of construction chemistry
Fee (includes value-added tax)Charges applicable
Number of participants1 - 10
Dr. Vadim Epstein
Vadim Epstein holds a Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry from the D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia. In 1996, he took a position as R&D director at GLIMS Production. He has been a technical manager for Construction Polymers at the WACKER Moscow technical center since December 2013, where he is in charge of lab trials, technical support and seminars for customers in Russia and Ukraine.
Dr. Dmitry Davydov
Ruben Akopyan joined WACKER in May 2011 as a technical assistant in the Polymers division, working in the Moscow technical center. He has been a technical manager for Construction Polymers since January 2012. He is currently responsible for seminars, laboratory testing and customer support for customers in Russia and Armenia.