Construction Materials VINNAPAS® for Construction Applications I
Presence | Customers
In addition to providing an introduction to the chemical processes underlying our polymeric binders, this course will focus primarily on reviewing their most important applications.
Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Introduction to polymer chemistry and polymer binders
- Overview of mineral binders
- Suitable VINNAPAS® products for dry-mix mortars
- Dry-mix mortars and their advantages
- Functions, standards and installation of polymer-modified dry-mix mortars: tile adhesives, grout mortars, self-leveling flooring compounds, external thermal insulation composite systems (ETICS/EIFS), concrete repair mortars and waterproofing membranes
- Lab training focusing on individual applications
- Tours of dispersible polymer powder plant and the application technology test lab.
Covering both theory and practice, this course will teach you how dry-mix mortars are structured and how polymeric binders can improve their properties in diverse applications.
Technicians, R&D specialists
Fee (includes value-added tax)€850.00 plus VAT
Number of participants3 – 12
Michael Killermann joined WACKER’s analytical department in 1992. From 1996 to 2008, he worked as a lab technician in the Building & Coatings business team, where he was in charge of technical distributor support for industrial coatings. He was recruited to the WACKER ACADEMY training team as a practical instructor in May 2008.
Dr. Marion Killat
Dr. Marion Killat studied at the University of Kaiserslautern, earning a doctorate in chemistry. Following a post-doctoral stay in the USA,she started her career at WACKER in 2000, joining the R&D department of WACKER POLYMERS. Since 2006, she has been a member of the WACKER ACADEMY training team, for diverse WACKER POLYMERS applications.
Adolf Himpsl started his WACKER career in R&D for organic intermediates. Following a transfer to technical support at Construction Polymers, he was involved in setting up, equipping and supporting the first global technical centers in São Paulo and Singapore in 1998. Since then, he has implemented numerous training programs, both internal and external, and is a co-founder of the WACKER ACADEMY.