Construction Materials VINNAPAS® for Construction Applications II
Presence | Customers
This seminar will give you a more in-depth understanding of cement, polymeric binders and their applications.
Prior knowledge of polymer chemistry, preferably through participation in our “VINNAPAS® for Construction Applications I” seminar
- Chemistry of polymeric dispersions and dispersible polymer powders
- Suitable VINNAPAS® products for dry-mix mortars
- The chemistry and properties of cement
- Modern tile adhesives and their installation and testing
- Lasting external thermal insulation composite systems, including installation, testing and EU regulations
- Efficient self-leveling flooring compounds, and their installation and testing
Laboratory training sessions on the following:
- Advanced tile adhesives
- Installation and testing of external thermal insulation composite systems, including tests on a real test wall
- Flow properties of self-leveling flooring compounds
- WACKER plant tour
- Analysis of polymers and mortars, including a tour through the polymer analysis lab
- Group discussion with experts on individual applications (optional)
You will build on your knowledge of cement, polymer binders and the three application areas of tile adhesives, external thermal insulation composite systems and self-leveling flooring compounds.
Technicians, R&D specialists
Fee (includes value-added tax)€950.00 plus VAT
Number of participants3 – 12
Michael Killermann joined WACKER’s analytical department in 1992. From 1996 to 2008, he worked as a lab technician in the Building & Coatings business team, where he was in charge of technical distributor support for industrial coatings. He was recruited to the WACKER ACADEMY training team as a practical instructor in May 2008.
Dr. Marion Killat
Dr. Marion Killat studied at the University of Kaiserslautern, earning a doctorate in chemistry. Following a post-doctoral stay in the USA,she started her career at WACKER in 2000, joining the R&D department of WACKER POLYMERS. Since 2006, she has been a member of the WACKER ACADEMY training team, for diverse WACKER POLYMERS applications.
Adolf Himpsl started his WACKER career in R&D for organic intermediates. Following a transfer to technical support at Construction Polymers, he was involved in setting up, equipping and supporting the first global technical centers in São Paulo and Singapore in 1998. Since then, he has implemented numerous training programs, both internal and external, and is a co-founder of the WACKER ACADEMY.