Pulp, Paper & Printing Processes VINNAPAS® and VINNOL® for Architectural Paints, Adhesives and Industrial Coatings
Instructor-led training | Distributors
This seminar provides an overview of the possibilities of polymeric binders for architectural paints, adhesives and coatings
Basic knowledge of chemistry
Module 1: VINNOL® training
- Introduction to the polymer chemistry of surface coating resins; product family, incl. nomenclature, product classes and applications
Module 2: VINNAPAS® training
- Introduction to polymer chemistry and polymer binders
- Dispersions: manufacturing process and mode of action
Part 2.1: Architectural paints
- Theoretical introduction to VINNAPAS® dispersions for architectural paints
- Characteristics and test methods in key applications (scrub resistance, PVC & CPVC, gloss, hiding power, etc.); VINNAPAS® products for interior and exterior paints; intumescent coatings; other coatings
Part 2.2: Adhesives
- Theoretical introduction to VINNAPAS® dispersions for adhesives
- VINNAPAS® products for segments in the adhesives market, such as paper packaging, wood, floor coverings and pressure-sensitive adhesives; test methods
Applications in the construction and coatings industries entail the use of all kinds of raw materials. This seminar will teach participants what they need to know to make ideal use of the potential opportunities of polymeric binders. Starting with the mode of action, the seminar will also cover current uses and test methods for various formulations and applications.
Technicians, sales managers, marketing managers
Fee (includes value-added tax)0.00 EUR
Number of participants3 - 12
Adolf Himpsl started his career at WACKER in R&D for organic intermediates. Following a transfer to technical support at Construction Polymers, he was involved in setting up, equipping and supporting the first global technical centers in São Paulo and Singapore in 1998. Since then, he has implemented numerous training programs, both internal and external, and is a co-founder of the WACKER ACADEMY.
Dr. Marion Killat
Dr. Marion Killat studied at the University of Kaiserslautern, earning a doctorate in chemistry. Following a post-doctoral stay in the USA,she started her career at WACKER in 2000, joining the R&D department of WACKER POLYMERS. Since 2006, she has been a member of the WACKER ACADEMY training team, for diverse WACKER POLYMERS applications.
Michael Killermann joined WACKER in 1992 in the analytical department. From 1996 to 2008, he worked as a lab technician in the Building & Coatings business team, where he was in charge of technical distributor support for industrial coatings. He was recruited to the WACKER ACADEMY training team as a practical instructor in May 2008.