Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Turkey. Do you still want to change your country?
Highly transparent liquid silicone rubber, room-temperature-curing silicone elastomers and innovative silicone additives from WACKER support new designs and production methods in lighting technology, and primary and secondary optics. A global market leader in silicone products, WACKER offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services for applications in the fields of chip encapsulation, lens fabrication, and LED production.
SEMICOSIL® two-pack, room-temperature-curing silicone rubber compounds serve as gap fillers in LED encapsulation.
Advantages of LUMISIL® in Primary Optics:
- Optimum processing efficiency in LED production
- Optimized viscosity and cure properties
- High stability to light
- Effective barrier to harmful environmental factors, e.g. damp and UV rays
- Heat resistant to 180 °C
Highly transparent LUMISIL® liquid silicone rubber is used in lighting technology to produce optical lenses, sensors and optical coupling elements. LUMISIL® products for secondary optics can be processed economically by injection molding and so support low-cost mass-production of complex optical components.
Highly transparent, room-temperature-curing ELASTOSIL® RTV silicone rubber compounds serve as optical encapsulants for, e.g., LED strips while special ELASTOSIL® grades are used for SOG (silicone on glass) applications.
Advantages of LUMISIL® in Secondary Optics:
- Highly heat resistant - up to 180 °C
- Great low-temperature flexibility - down to -50 °C
- Excellent weathering and UV resistance
- Very good chemical resistance
- Outstanding dielectric properties that remain largely constant over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
- Water-repellent surfaces and low moisture absorption
- Low modulus of elasticity
- High chemical purity
Advantages of Injection Molding
- Greater productivity - highly automated, no assembly required
- Efficient process - short cycle times, no secondary finishing of parts, highly reliable
- Maximum quality - less risk of damage during production
- Simplified logistics - one article drawing, one processor, one quality control, one article number
- Addition-Cure ELASTOSIL® and SEMICOSIL® RTV-2 silicone rubber
- Condensation-cure, heat-cure SILRES® methyl silicone resin and PM silicone resin as binder and additive
- Addition-cure ELASTOSIL® liquid silicone rubber for molded parts
- Condensation-cure ELASTOSIL® and addition-cure SEMICOSIL® RTV-1 and RTV-2 silicone rubber for bonding and sealing
- Addition-cure ELASTOSIL® RTV-2 silicone rubber and silicone foam for sealing