Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Turkey. Do you still want to change your country?
Food / Industrial
Wacker Biosolutions León S.L.U. - Your Partner for Fermentation Toll Manufacturing
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Wacker Chemie AG, Wacker Biosolutions S.L.U. implements your fermentation production processes at its León site in Spain. We operate our production fermenters up to a volume of 100 m3 (work volume of 80 m3) and our downstream area with food-grade certification (FSSC22000, FSSC = Food Safety System Certification).
Our experienced local team accompanies you from your initial inquiry and technology transfer through to regular production.
- Rapid creation of an implementation strategy and initial cost indication
- Technology transfer: streamlined implementation of fermentation experiments on a lab- and pilot-plant scale and reviews in close collaboration with our customers
- Supported by our central R&D department and engineering departments
- Inclusion of your experts on site for technology transfer and production
- 24-hour monitoring of your process
- Measures to boost commercial-scale production
A state-of-the-art process control system, efficient heating/cooling systems, strong stirrers and gas-supply devices ensure optimal adjustable cultivation conditions.
- Physically separate upstream processing for clean work in the fermentation area
- 8 fermenters with 100 m³ of volume each and related precursors
- 8 fermenters with 6 m³ of volume
- Process control engineering is state of the art
- Decanter centrifuges and disk separators
- Membrane separation methods (micro-, nano- and ultrafiltration)
- Evaporation, crystallization, drying
We would be pleased to implement customized and cost-efficient reprocessing-technique enhancements for your process. We also work with external partners to conduct further reprocessing steps for you, such as spray drying.
Our Quality Control team implements your analyses on quality control in our adjacent quality assurance lab.
Our certifications and manufacturing standards comprise:
- FSSC 22000
- ISO 9001
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)