Launch Your Career at WACKER
Seeking chemists, engineers and IT specialists!
We are always on the lookout for competent and experienced employees. We also offer “old hands” many interesting perspectives and development opportunities.
We expect chemists at all degree levels to be team players who exhibit personal responsibility, flexibility and a global, entrepreneurial mindset and approach, so that together we can achieve our goals. In exchange, you can expect us to value the ideas and engagement you bring to the table.
Main employment areas:
- Technology development
- Application technology, technical marketing
- Analytical services
- Industrial property law
Other employment areas:
- Productivity management
- Production planning
- Project planning
No matter where you start at WACKER, as an engineer you will have ample opportunity for career development. In return, we expect team players with good negotiation skills, interdisciplinary knowledge and a knack for efficiency. In order to continue expanding our company’s market position, we are looking for engineers from a variety of disciplines – especially chemical, process and mechanical engineers, along with engineers in the fields of electrical and automation technology.
These individuals perform a variety of jobs:
- Plant engineers work within the management team of a plant or group of plants to develop the technical performance capability, reliability and safety of our plants.
- Development engineers lay the foundation for implementing ideas, research results and operating experience on a large scale. They serve as partners in process optimization.
- Project engineers design and construct processing plants with an eye to environmental compatibility, operational safety and cost-effectiveness.
- Process engineers support process engineering aspects of our manufacturing processes, introducing new workflows and optimizing existing processes.
At WACKER you will work in a variety of capacities within the field of instrumentation and control, translating new production methods emerging from development teams into globally competitive production plants. In other words, you will be helping grow our cost, quality and technological edge over the competition. You will play a role in our continued process and system optimization and in enhancing the technological performance of our plants.
These individuals are part of the management team of a production plant or group of plants, where they share responsibility for production strategy. As a plant engineer, you will bear overall responsibility for the I&C (instrumentation and control) systems in our plants, enhancing the technical performance capability, reliability and safety of our plants and identifying ways of improving our technologies and processes. To this end, you will focus on the following:
- Complying with applicable laws, policies, technical regulations and guidelines
- Maintaining a plant’s permit eligibility
- Planning, initiating, managing and monitoring technical work related to maintenance and investment projects
- Monitoring and enhancing the technical reliability and condition of our plants
- Planning and requesting the tools and equipment needed for maintenance and investment projects; responsibility for approved funds
- Ensuring the safety of plant I&C systems
- Working on process engineering projects and on generating approval documentation
- Advising the engineering manager on all I&C issues
- Serving as an interface with internal and external administrative and technical offices, suppliers, and government agencies.
In the Project Engineering Department, we develop projects for constructing plants and expanding existing facilities all over the world. Within the framework of these investment projects, you will coordinate all I&C maintenance groups, address I&C issues throughout all phases of the project, and assume leadership of projects that focus on I&C. This will involve the following:
- Providing all management services related to the I&C portion of the project, from its launch up to the point of project handover
- Playing a role in process engineering, P&I (process and instrumentation) diagrams, and the safety and quality strategy
- Developing automation concepts and process control solutions
- Compiling all I&C specifications, plans and documents
- Providing hardware and software for PCS equipment
- Procuring all I&C services
- Procuring I&C equipment and the entire I&C installation
- Commissioning and handing over I&C equipment to the operator (with maintenance concepts)
- Maintaining and expanding I&C planning expertise
Working at specialized technical centers, you will advise and support internal customers on issues of process control engineering, process analysis instrumentation and weighing technology, drive systems, special technology and I&C installation. You will serve in the following capacities as an interface to Technical Plant Design:
- Assessing innovations, selecting suppliers, advising internal customers
- Supporting efforts to optimize our production processes
- Creating automation concepts, programming process control systems, negotiating framework agreements for process control systems
- Designing, commissioning and supporting continuously operating analytical instrumentation, weighing systems and metering equipment
- Procuring, starting up and maintaining motors, frequency converters and MCCs (motor control centers)
- Developing specialized electrical solutions
- Planning installation work, procuring installation services
- Negotiating framework agreements with our installation companies
Conceptualization, development and planning are key tasks of IT specialists in our international company. They design infrastructure and application architecture, control processes, develop standards for software, hardware and web-based applications, and analyze discipline-specific trends. They also have a key influence on technological and organizational system requirements.Find out more