Highly complex: an organizational masterpiece
Our logistics department organizes on-time transport and warehousing of all goods – both globally and within our production sites. All supply-flow processes are integrated in a digital network and are continuously being improved to optimize the logistics chains.
Logistics in Figures
2.2 million metric tons
Shipping volume in 2019
Deliveries in 2019
Global logistics organizations
Logistics employees worldwide
Logistics at WACKER is continuously in flux. In 2019, some 2.2 million metric tons of goods were shipped across the globe from our sites, ranging from small sample packages and palletized containers through to tank containers and rail tankers.
We serve a vast network of international customers at more than 300 ports. WACKER’s Logistics department collaborates closely with a large portfolio of logistics service providers.
We carry out these tasks together with experts from the respective core operational logistics functions. This functional organization operates globally and ensures that the logistics chains operate reliably and efficiently.
The operational functions are supported by a logistics administrative unit responsible for strategy development and projects. Involved right from the early stages of expansion projects, this unit makes sure that the flow of materials is smooth during project execution.
Logistics offers a broad spectrum of digitalization and automation opportunities. Currently, all functions in Logistics are focusing on identifying and evaluating these opportunities in terms of their potential.
Logistics at WACKER
- Working with an independent, decisive, solution-driven and customer-oriented mindset
- Interdisciplinary and international cooperation – within WACKER, liaising with the business divisions and the Sales organization as a vital link in the supply chain, together with our logistics service providers
- The opportunity to harness new technologies – for the benefit of WACKER and its customers
- Promoting sustainability, optimizing supply chains
- Project involvement and sharing expertise in inter-disciplinary project teams
- Establishing a broad foundation – the best opportunities for your development