Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Saudi Arabia. Do you still want to change your country?
Medical Silicone Adhesives
WACKER silicones satisfy the most stringent medical standards and offer unique processing advantages. Supplied in variable adhesive strengths and possessing properties that promote the healing process,SILPURAN® ® adhesives are more than just the perfect treatment for wounds and scars – they are also suitable for any applications requiring a secure bond, patient comfort and easy removal.
The coating process involves applying the silicone adhesive to the carrier using a doctor blade, slot die or similar tool.
The adhesive cures at room temperature, but the process can be accelerated by increasing the temperature up to 120°C.
After the silicone adhesive coating has been covered, packaging of the material composite can proceed.
Minimal Pain, Maximum Quality of Life
Dressings that use silicone adhesives from WACKER make bandage removal a gentle process. Pain is therefore less of a factor in changing dressings, which reduces the stress to the patient caused by the anticipation of pain. At the same time, their permeability to water vapor and gases creates an ideal environment for healing.
- Biocompatibility (e.g. USP Class VIand ISO 10993)
- Silicones do not support microbial growth (due to their hydrophobicity)
- Biodurability: low surface tension, thermal stability and chemical stability
- Good resistance to a large number of solvents and chemicals
- Sterilizable for single and repeated use (ethylene oxide)
- Good weathering, UV and aging resistance
- High transparency
- Wound dressings
- Fixing of wearables
- Traditional wound care
- Medical pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes / kinesiology tapes
- Stoma care
- Transdermal patches