Procurement at WACKER is international, strategic and interdisciplinary.
Procurement in Figures
3.4 billion €
Procurement volume in 2019
International Procurement Organizations
Purchase orders per year
In 2019, WACKER’s global procurement value for all products and services totaled 3.4 billion euros, which supported all of our international markets. Our extensive procurement inventory includes raw materials such as silicon, methanol, ethylene and acetic acid, as well as energy, the construction and maintenance of chemical plants, logistics services, software and distillation columns.
To perform these tasks, we are organized as a matrix of procurement categories on the one hand, and regions or sites on the other. Each category is defined by a specific market segment, and each market has different characteristics that may be predominantly global, or regional.
Our teams analyze the markets and develop global and regional procurement strategies together with the business units and technical departments to ensure the reliability of the cost position, quality and supply. Our success is based on sound strategy, robust negotiations and cultivating enduring relationships with our suppliers.
Our Procurement staff have a number of different roles: our strategic category managers and operational purchasers handle core tasks. Plus, we have administrative units that support our core processes and are responsible for digitalization, supplier management, sustainability and compliance.
7 good reasons for joining our team:
- You are responsible for important decisions and high budgets from an early stage
- Your work is strategy-oriented – always in tune with the pulse of the markets
- Your tasks involve international and interdisciplinary collaboration – both within WACKER and with global suppliers
- You are a skilled negotiator – we want to tap into your knowledge of the market and leverage your strong personality
- You work at the cutting edge – and benefit from our investments in digitalization
- Promoting sustainability in the supply chain comes naturally to you
- You’re looking for the best development options – we offer excellent opportunities within Procurement and the company