Virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting on May 20, 2022
Here, you’ll find all key information on our Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
Online services for our shareholders
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Wacker Chemie AG has decided to hold a Virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting this year, without the physical presence of its shareholders or their proxies.
This page provides you with all key information on WACKER’s Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2022.
Annual Shareholders’ Meeting Hotline
We’re available for your questions or suggestions Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (CEST) by phone: +49 89-6279-1444 or via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to the 2022 Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
For WACKER, 2021 was a record-breaking year. Group sales entered a new dimension, surpassing the six-billion-euro mark for the first time. This increase was down to strong organic growth across all four of our business divisions. EBITDA more than doubled to over €1.5 billion – despite a significant year-over-year increase in raw-material prices. Higher EBITDA had a positive impact on net income for the year, which came in at €828 million.
This success will have a positive effect on the size of the dividend. At the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting in May, the Supervisory Board and Executive Board will propose payment of a dividend of €8.00 per share.
All of WACKER’s business divisions increased their sales in 2021. This growth was due to a significant rise in volumes and to better prices. Among our chemical divisions, WACKER SILICONES posted a strong rise in EBITDA. Despite higher raw-material prices, WACKER POLYMERS almost matched its prior-year EBITDA figure. WACKER BIOSOLUTIONS grew its biotechnology business and achieved a slight increase in EBITDA. WACKER POLYSILICON also performed exceptionally well. Sales and earnings surged due to volume growth for solar and semiconductor applications, substantially higher prices for solar-grade silicon, and improvements in the cost of goods sold.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, German legislation now includes a special rule that permits us to hold the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting without shareholders being physically present. The Executive Board has decided, with the consent of the Supervisory Board, to make use of this option again this year. A virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting enables us to protect your health, and that of our employees and service providers, and to minimize the risks for all participants.
That means you, as a shareholder, can follow the entire Annual Shareholders’ Meeting live via the internet. After registering by the time specified, you will be able to exercise your voting rights either via absentee voting or the Company-appointed proxies. This is possible either in advance of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting or online during the event.
You can submit your questions about agenda items beforehand. To support you in this regard and to make the necessary information available to you in the easiest possible way, we will once again publish the Executive Board’s statements about 2021 on our website well ahead of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
We herewith invite WACKER’s shareholders to our virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting on Friday, May 20, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. (CEST).
Registered shareholders will be able to follow the virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting as a livestream from WACKER’s headquarters at Hanns-Seidel-Platz 4, 81737 Munich (Germany) on the internet at www.wacker.com/hauptversammlung.
Wacker Chemie AG
Dr. Peter-Alexander Wacker
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Dr. Christian Hartel
President and CEO
- Presentation of the adopted Annual Financial Statements as of December 31, 2021, the approved Consolidated Financial Statements as of December 31, 2021, and the combined 2021 Management Report including the Executive Board’s Explanatory Report on the information pursuant to Section 289a (1) and Section 315a (1) of the German Commercial Code (“HGB”), and of the 2021 Supervisory Board Report
- Resolution on the Appropriation of Profits
- Resolution on the Ratification of the Actions of the Executive Board
- Resolution on the Ratification of the Actions of the Supervisory Board
- Election of the Auditor of Financial Statements
- Election to the Supervisory Board
- Resolution on the Modification of Compensation of Supervisory Board Members and on Corresponding Amendments to the Articles of Association
- Resolution on the Approval of the Compensation Report
Downloads and Documents
Documents for the 2022 Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
Invitation and Agenda
Speeches Given by President & CEO Dr. Christian Hartel, and Chief Financial Officer Dr. Tobias Ohler
(PDF 316.1 KB) - English
Annual Report 2021 (incl. Consolidated Financial Statements, Combined Management Report, Report of the Supervisory Board, Appropriation of Profits, Report of the Executive Board pursuant to Section 289a (1) and Section 315 (5) of the German Commercial Code (HGB)
(PDF 4.7 MB) - English
Annual Financial Statements and Combined Management Report of Wacker Chemie AG 2021
(PDF 1.6 MB) - available in German only
Detailed Explanations of Shareholders’ Rights and Possibilities and of Agenda Items Not Requiring a Resolution
(PDF 231.7 KB) - English
(PDF 127.2 KB) - English
Synopsis Amendment Section 12
(PDF 139.1 KB) - English
Articles of Association (current version)
(PDF 186.6 KB) - English
Virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting – How Will the Event Take Place?
- The entire Annual Shareholders’ Meeting will take place virtually and without participants physically present. It will be streamed live for all shareholders online in the shareholder portal.
- Shareholders can submit their questions about agenda items beforehand. Questions from shareholders submitted via the shareholder portal by the end of May 18, 2022 (24:00 hours (CEST)) will be answered during the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting. The questioners’ names will be stated only if this is expressly requested. Please also refer to the more detailed explanations on shareholder rights and data protection provided in the invitation, on our website and on the shareholder portal.
- Countermotions and election proposals duly received by the Company by no later than 24:00 hours (CEST) on May 5, 2022, will be made accessible on the Company’s website immediately after receipt under the further preconditions of Sections 126 and 127 of the German Stock Corporation Act (“AktG”), including the name of the shareholder and – for motions – a statement of reasons.
- Shareholders who have properly registered can stream the entire Annual Shareholders’ Meeting live on the shareholder portal from 10:00 hours (CEST) on May 20, 2022, onward. The shareholder portal will be available as of April 29, 2022.
- We’re available for your questions or suggestions Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (CEST) by phone: +49 89-6279-1444 or via the email address email@example.com.
Due to the spread of the coronavirus, WACKER’s Annual Shareholders’ Meeting will take place on May 20, 2022, again as an entirely virtual shareholders’ meeting without the presence of shareholders. The health of our employees, shareholders and the service providers involved takes priority. Further information is available on our website.
Video and audio of the entire Annual Shareholders’ Meeting will be streamed live for registered shareholders via a shareholder portal.
To log in, all you need is the five-digit number printed at the very top of your registration confirmation and the single check digit just to the right of it. Enter these numbers in the corresponding fields and click on [Next]. Then follow the subsequent instructions.
If you have questions of a technical nature regarding how to use our shareholder portal, please contact:
Computershare Operations Center
Phone: +49 89 30 903-6330
The Annual Shareholders’ Meeting is one of a stock corporation’s three main organizational bodies and gives shareholders an opportunity to ask questions and vote. Of course, any shareholder can attend the virtual meeting directly or via a proxy. The preconditions for exercising shareholder rights are the possession of WACKER shares at 0:00 hours (CEST) on April 29, 2022 (“Record Date”) and having registered in time – by 24:00 hours (CEST) on May 13, 2022.
Yes, this is necessary if you intend to exercise your voting rights and ask questions. The preconditions for exercising your shareholder rights are the possession of WACKER shares at 0:00 hours (CEST) on April 29, 2022 (“Record Date”) and having registered in time – by 24:00 hours (CEST) on May 13, 2022. You will receive a confirmation of registration instead of the usual entrance ticket.
Shareholders who request a confirmation of registration from their custodian bank in good time generally do not need to do anything else. In such cases, registration and proof of share ownership are handled by the custodian bank. Please refer to the information in the invitation and any deadlines that may have been set by your bank.
- April 6, 2022: Convening of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting in the electronic version of the German Federal Gazette (Bundesanzeiger)
- From April 6, 2022: Institutions managing the investment accounts start to issue the invitations
- April 29, 2022: “Record Date” (reference date for proof of shareholder status)
- April 29, 2022: Activation of the shareholder portal at www.wacker.com/hauptversammlung
- May 13, 2022: Last day of registration for shareholders
- May 20, 2022: Wacker Chemie AG’s virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting; Start: 10:00 hours (CEST); meeting finishes once the voting results have been determined and announced
- May 23, 2022: Dividend announced
- May 25, 2022: Dividend paid out
Shareholder portal and livestream
Follow Our 2022 Annual Shareholders’ Meeting Live
To use the shareholder portal, shareholders need to log in with their individual access data (participant no. and code) that they received in their registration confirmation.
The livestream of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting via the shareholder portal will begin at 10:00 a.m. (CEST) on May 20, 2022. All registered shareholders can watch the entire Annual Shareholders’ Meeting live there.
Do you have any questions about our Virtual Annual Shareholders’ Meeting?
If you have technical questions about logging onto the shareholder portal, please contact Computershare directly.
Computershare Operations Center
Tel.: +49 89 30 903-6330