Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Spain. Do you still want to change your country?
GMP Cell Banking
Wacker Biotech holds certificates from the relevant authorities for its GMP-compliant production of cell banks. Our GMP facility in Jena provides a complete range of services for the manufacture, testing and storage of cell banks. Second storage site is available in Halle.
- Manufacturing of 250 – 300 vials / batch
- Separate compartment dedicated to GMP cell bank manufacturing only
- Dedicated storage room for GMP cell banks
- Long-term storage in -196 °C
Examples for release testing of the GMP cell banks:
- Optical density: OD600
- Purity: microbial contamination (bacteria, yeasts, molds)
- Bacteriophages by plaque assay
- Viability: living cell count
- Host strain identity: e.g. API20E (E. coli species) and strain-specific marker
- Plasmid identity: restriction pattern
- Expression test: SDS-PAGE and Coomassie staining