Our system has noticed that you are based in United States, but that the current country setting is Argentina. Do you still want to change your country?
ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber is used for the coating of chest and head airbags as well as curtain airbags to improve and maintain their functional safety. WACKER has also developed innovative liquid silicone rubber grades that are of particular interest for new types of airbags. These silicone rubbers contribute to the straightforward production of the airbags as well as to keeping them inflated for an extended period, including if the vehicle overturns.
- High flexibility
- Excellent resistance to temperature fluctuations, aging and abrasion
- Non-toxic in the event of fire
- Long service life
- Readily pigmented during production
- More uniform deployment
- Reliable elasticity even under severe temperature conditions, from −50 °C to +180 °C
- Anti-blocking to ensure inflation
- Automotive airbags
- Avalanche airbags