Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
Vendor Managed Inventory
What is Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)?
VMI is a collaborative product-supply strategy. The supply process is efficiently managed via the electronic exchange of your goods planning and inventory data – by the supplier.
Thus, shipments are always automatically tailored to current customer needs. Order processing and warehouse management is carried out by the supplier.
Advantages of VMI
- Optimization of inventory levels
- Easier to review planned orders
- Lower procurement costs
- More transparency
- Faster throughput times
- Automatic warning messages for exceptions
- The supplier commits to taking over product planning and ensures the availability of goods (within agreed quantities).
- The customer sends all necessary inventory and usage data.
You can access extensive information on this topic anytime online via our e-business team.