The SILRES®brand covers an innovative range of products for highly heat- and weather-resistant coatings, and for polymer modification with polysiloxane. SILRES®products have a diverse range of applications and are used in many industrial applications.
Highly crosslinked polysiloxanes with organic side groups.
SILRES®products combine aesthetics and functionality. They protect and preserve value. By combining both an organic and inorganic backbone, they can offer exceptional properties:
- Protection against extreme heat and rapid temperature changes
- Excellent resistance to sun, wind and weather
- A versatile array of decorative possibilities and functionality
A range of SILRES® product lines are available depending on the required application:
- SILRES®silicone resins as binders for highly heat-resistant finishes
- SILRES®silicone resins as binders for especially weathering-resistant, room-temperature-curing and isocyanate-free paints
- SILRES®intermediates for modifying organic polymers to improve weathering and heat resistance
SILRES®silicone resins are the perfect binders for heat-resistant coatings. All across the world, they offer impressive advantages in a range of applications day in day out:
- in the auto industry for exhaust and engine parts
- as heat-resistant exterior paints in the chemical and petrochemical industries
- as decorative and functional coatings on stoves, fireplaces and barbecues
- Non-stick coatings that come into contact with food (as per the guidelines of the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment and the US Food and Drug Administration)
SILRES®HP silicone resins are ideal binders for weathering-resistant, isocyanate-free topcoats. They are used in novel coating systems for marine and protective coatings, combining improved environmental compatibility with exceptional gloss retention. Examples are:
- High-performance steel structures, such as bridges or buildings
- Offshore platforms in highly corrosive environments
SILRES®intermediates provide organic binders with significantly improved heat and weathering resistance. The optimized coatings are used for:
- Weathering-resistant coil-coating finish, for example for roofing
- Heat-resistant decorative coatings for pots and pans and kitchen appliances such as toasters, waffle irons, etc.