The WACKER Science Award is designed to engage students in science, technology and engineering, and to encourage career goals in these areas. With a science or engineering focus in college, a world of opportunity is available to these students--including a possible career at WACKER.
WACKER POLYSILICON North America launched the WACKER Science Award in 2014 for Bradley County and Cleveland City high schools in Tennessee. It is our goal with this award to support and encourage students who demonstrate a strong aptitude and passion for science.
The award is a $1000 scholarship, applied directly to college tuition, for the most eligible student who submits an essay which best answers the following question: Why do you wish to pursue science or engineering after high school?
Essays, transcripts and applications for 2014’s WACKER Science Award must be postmarked by March 18, 2014. Entries should be mailed to:
WACKER Science Award
WACKER POLYSILICON North America
PO Box 446
Charleston, TN 37310
- A graduating senior in good standing at one of the following high schools: Bradley Central High School, Cleveland High School, Walker Valley High School
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A average in science classes (93 to 100 percentage range)
- Plans to attend a university in the eastern region (link to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Tennessee)of Tennessee full time
- Proven interest in science (ex. participates in science fairs, projects, clubs if available)
- Intent to pursue a science or engineering degree
- Immediate family members of WACKER employees are not eligible for this award
One winner will be selected from each of the three high schools mentioned above. Each winner will receive:
- $1000 scholarship (one-time award)
- Physical award to display at home
- Certificate of recognition
- Eligibility for a WPNA internship in Junior/Senior year of college
- Global recognition within WACKER
- Recognition in front of peers, parents, teachers on senior night