VINNAPAS® VAE EXPERTS
Our Global Expert Team
WACKER is the inventor of VAE dispersions. We have set up a global expert team specifically for China’s VAE dispersion market in order to help Chinese users gain a better understanding of WACKER VINNAPAS® VAE dispersion products. The expert team comprises highly talented members who work for WACKER’s R&D centers and production sites around the world.
Dr. Stephan Kaiser
- 1993: Graduated in chemistry from the University of Bayreuth.
- 1997: Awarded a doctorate in physical chemistry from the University of Bayreuth. Simultaneously began career at Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG (the previous WACKER/HOECHST PVC joint venture), mainly responsible for PVC-related R&D by means of emulsion/suspension polymerization and PVC copolymers.
- 2004: Joined WACKER POLYMERS’ R&D center and began his involvement in R&D relating to construction polymers.
- 2008: Appointed product innovation R&D manager for WACKER POLYMERS (Asia).
- 2011: Appointed Technical Service Manager Adhesives (Europe).
Dr. Wilfried Huster
- 1985: Obtained doctorate in chemistry from the Gesamthochschule Essen.
- 1986: Started his career as WACKER’s adhesives laboratory manager in Munich.
- 1999: Appointed technical supervisor for adhesive products (Europe).
- 2003: Became regional architectural coatings manager in the USA.
- 2005: Appointed product R&D supervisor in Germany.
- 2006: Assumed additional position as coatings technical supervisor.
- 2008: Joined WACKER following the acquisition of APP.
- 2009: Promoted to technical service director (Europe).
- Holds B.S. and MBA degrees from Pennsylvania State University.
- 19 years’ experience in the coatings industry. She has held positions at Valspar, EPS and Ace Paint. by Valspar in the early years. And she participated in the engineering polymer solution project in the ACE Paint Co. after that.
- 2003: Joined WACKER POLYMERS as a senior technical service chemist.
- 2008: Appointed Asia technical manager in Shanghai.
- 2010: Became global coatings market manager and is currently responsible for strategic marketing development.
- Holds a B.S. degree in macromolecular materials from the East China University of Science and Technology and an MBA from Fudan University.
- Has 14 years’ experience in water-borne paints and has conducted in-depth research in water-borne interior and exterior wall paints, dispersion polymers and additives (including dispersants, rheology modifiers and surfactants).
- Currently WACKER Greater China’s dispersion polymers technical manager.
Dr. YH Choi
- 1993: B.S. degree in chemistry from the University of Ulsan.
- 2001: Master’s degree in chemistry from the same university.
- 2010: Doctorate in macromolecular engineering science from the Pukyong National University.
- Member of the South Korea Chemical Industry and Engineering Association, South Korea Adhesive and Interface Association, and South Korea Macromolecular Association.
- Began to develop a variety of new products for Taeyoung Chemical and instrumental in establishing VAE dispersion-related market presence and technical services in Asia in 1993. At Air Products, he subsequently developed and modified a number of VAE dispersion products specifically customized for the Asian market. Before joining Air Products, YH Choi spent considerable effort setting up a laboratory facility. For over two years, he participated in the Client Satisfaction Commission in order to increase the sales volume and quality of VAE dispersions. He also participated in the development of non-formaldehyde products and made significant contributions to product differentiation such as VINNAPAS® EP645.
- Currently responsible for Wacker Chemicals Korea’s dispersion business in the Asian market and for powder business in Korea and Japan.
Dr. Richard Bott
- 1983: B.S. degree in chemistry from Ursinus College.
- 1988: Awarded a doctorate in chemistry by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- His research career began with macromolecular polymer surface modification and reactive-gas treatment at Air Products Corporate Research Center.
- 1991: Joined APP’s Research group and began to focus on R&D relating to innovative dispersion products.
- 1998: Became team head.
- 2000: Appointed dispersion product R&D manager.
- 2003: Became manager of APP Product Research for North America. Led the group responsible for new product technology in North America. Later, he added the leadership of the Global Patent team for the APP business.
- 2004: Took part in the development of engineered fabric application technologies and services.
- 2006: Appointed APP’s product R&D technical manager (North America).
- 2008: Joined Wacker Chemie AG as WACKER’s global dispersion polymers technical director and North America R&D and technical team manager.